Ask any mobile app developer about mobile app testing and you’ll get an earful. You might even wonder what the fuss is all about. After all, it’s about ensuring quality, functionality and performance. Right! But when it comes to those small devices we cannot live without, things are much more complicated than that.
Here’s Why It’s All So Complicated
Mobile apps have to be tested on multiple devices, platforms and operating systems. The goal is to achieve an error-free, widely-compliant app that performs magnificently on every device. See where it gets complicated?
And 5 Types Of Tests, No Less!
All major device types – Apple, Samsung, LG, Sony and the rest
- Consistent performance across screen sizes and resolution
Performance of multiple keypad types – virtual keypad, hard keypad, touch pad
Testing core functionality
- Validating the time taken to access app services offline
- Checking for wrong responses during service downtime
- Validating smooth work flow and the flow of information and transition between screens
- Consistent experience across various devices, OS versions, screen sizes and resolutions
- Validating app performance against app goals
Testing on multiple platforms – Android, iOS, Windows
Consistent performance on various operating systems and different versions of these OS
Testing performance and load stress
- Validating performance when memory, space and network coverage are low
- Testing app behavior during high-load times
- Testing for overuse and misuse of memory and temporary file management
- Control of local database size
- Garbage generation
- Testing behavior during interruptions – calls, SMS, notifications
User Experience Testing
Testing usability and user’s comfort level
- Text visibility
- Verification of functionality
- Navigation to bookmarks, social media, reviews, and screens
- System interaction feedback
- Text inputs and buttons on each screen
Learn the must haves of a successful enterprise mobility strategy. Download the infogrpahic to know more!
Image - http://www.clker.com/clipart-9830.html